ASENA 2022 Federal Election Campaign Tools
The Australian federal government will go to the polls on 21 May 2022. Let’s get Social Enterprise on the Federal Agenda, together!
The election provides the opportunity for all the state networks (QSEC, SASEC, SECNA, SENVIC, Impact North, WASEC, SENTAS) to put social enterprise on the federal government agenda through our peak national body, the Alliance of Social Enterprise Networks of Australia (ASENA). We are rolling out an engagement campaign across the country, powered by you! (and all our grassroots social enterprises that make up our national community). Help us get 300 participants from across the social enterprise sector to raise our profile in Canberra.
No matter what time you have available, you can make a difference. We’ve made it super easy to get involved. Below are some starting points as well as text content examples if you choose to email your MP’s directly.
Got five minutes?
Visit our letter-writing page, fill in your details and the system will automatically link your candidates.
You can send a pre-written letter (which includes a link to a social enterprise pitch deck) inviting your candidate to engage with you and the social enterprise sector.
We are asking federal candidates to take three actions:
- Learn more about social enterprise in your electorate.
- Make a public pledge of support for social enterprise. It’s not about buying more, it’s about buying from social enterprise.
- Match the federal government’s recent $24.6m investment into social enterprises supporting refugee employment with funding from each portfolio where social enterprise is supporting public outcomes – from employment to environment, from disability to housing, from Indigenous affairs to women, from justice to economic development.
Got an hour?
With more time, you can fine-tune your advocacy approach before you send the letter and back it up with a social media post.
- Grab a copy of the letter here and customise it for your organisation, then copy and paste it into the letter page before you send it.
- Please share this image on your social media channels, using our campaign hashtag #switch2good.
Feel free to add other hashtags such as #BuySocial #BuyLocalBuySocial #socialenterprise #CommuntyLedRecovery . Please tag [QSEC/SENVIC/ASENA etc] in your instagram post.
DOWNLOAD THE SOCIAL MEDIA KIT HERE or feel free to copy/paste from below.
If/when candidates reply, let us know and we’ll add them to our database of which candidates (and their staffers) are engaging with us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-election we’ll be following up with the winners in a targeted/relational way to continue the advocacy journey.
Want to do more?
Federal candidates want exposure in the community – particularly community leaders creating positive social or environmental impact, like you!
We would love you to build a relationship with your local candidates and raise awareness of social enterprise’s contribution to creating an inclusive, fair and sustainable society.
Ask your local candidate to:
- VISIT the social enterprises in their electorate and learn more about the social and environmental impact they make through their business. Meet us to discuss how your voice in Canberra can support your local social enterprises to deliver more social and environmental impact for our community.
- INVITE US to speak at a campaign event as a community leader and an innovative business leader.
- Make a PUBLIC PLEDGE of support for social enterprise and snap a photo for social media. It’s not about buying more, it’s about buying from social enterprise: #switch2good. Tag our State/Territory Social Enterprise Network and it will extend your profile.
- WATCH ASENA’s slide-pack to demonstrate the national social enterprise movement.
- COMMIT TO MATCH the recent $24.6m investment into social enterprises supporting refugee employment with funding from each portfolio where social enterprise is supporting public outcomes – from employment to environment, from disability to housing, from Indigenous affairs to women, from justice to economic development.
Let us know at email@example.com if you’re interested in this and we’ll work with you more deeply to get the word out there, and especially about the candidates who take the time to meet us.
Alternatively you can also catch up on the campaign briefing to hear from those who have put this work together.
Social Media Content
Let’s get Social Enterprise on the Federal Agenda, together!
Together we can amplify the voice of social enterprise and help candidates #switch2good
Do you have 5 mins spare to get social enterprise on the federal agenda?
The Australian federal government will go to the polls on 21 May 2022.
Join us and our partners @asena to amplify the voice of social enterprise this election. We can’t make system change alone – so this campaign is powered by you! Even if you only have 5 mins, you can help guide candidates across the country #switch2good
To add your voice to the campaign go to www.asena.org.au
Other hashtags to use:
#Australiavotes #election2022 #AusVotes #AusPol
#BuySocial #BuyLocalBuySocial #SocialEnterprise #CommunityLedRecovery #SocialEnterprises #ProfitForPurpose #BusinessForGood
Phew! We did this!
This is going to be a very closely fought election, and we want to demonstrate to all parties the importance of social enterprises and why each candidate needs to get behind businesses that truly will leave a lasting, regenerative legacy for future generations.
Thanks for your support!