Alliance of Social Enterprise Networks Australia
Established in early 2020, ASENA is the national body for Australia’s State and Territory social enterprise peaks.
A just, inclusive and regenerative society that harnesses local strengths and collaborates to multiply our impact.
ASENA exists to
- Create a space for leaders of State and Territory peak bodies to collaborate so that they can amplify their impact, and reduce duplication and inefficiencies
- Give credibility to the local State and Territory based peaks and their members
- Provide a voice for practitioners in the social enterprise sector
- Support engagement with national intermediaries and reduce fragmentation and duplication at the national level
- Elevate the national social enterprise community by focussing on support for emerging jurisdictions
- Understand and communicate the needs of social enterprises from across the nation, and work with Social Enterprise Australia to advocate for national awareness and support of social enterprise
- Bring together the leaders of Australia’s State and Territory peak bodies in regular forums
- Identify and initiate opportunities for collaboration and action
- Support State and Territory networks to grow their membership, enhance member value proposition and engage with members more deeply on a wider variety of interests/needs.
- Mobilise resources at the national level to enable the emerging state peaks to stand as equals.
Who does ASENA represent?
Social Enterprise Network Victoria (SENVIC) | Social Enterprise Council of NSW and ACT (SECNA) | Queensland Social Enterprise Council (QSEC) | South Australian Social Enterprise Council (SASEC) | Western Australia Social Enterprise Council (WASEC) | Social Enterprise Network of Northern Territory (Impact North) | Social Enterprise Network of Tasmania (SENTAS)
11 April 2022 – Federal Election Campaign
The Australian federal government will go to the polls on 21 May 2022. The election provides the opportunity for all the state networks (QSEC, SASEC, SECNA, SENVIC, Impact North, WASEC, SENTAS) to put social enterprise on the federal election agenda through our national body, the Alliance of Social Enterprise Networks Australia (ASENA). For Federal Election Candidates – click here. For the Social Enterprise Community – click here.
13th July 2021 – MEDIA RELEASE: Development of Australia’s First Social Enterprise National Strategy (SENS)
There are thousands of social enterprises around Australia. But the sector is fragmented and underserved at a time where its more critical than ever to accelerate the transition to an impact economy that serves all. That’s why over the past 12 months ASENA has been collaborating with a national Advisory Group towards development of the SENS (Social Enterprise National Strategy).
26-May 2020 – MEDIA RELEASE: New National Voice from the future – Launch of the Alliance of Social Enterprise Networks Australia (ASENA)
2020 has seen disruption to ‘business-as-usual’ in a way that most of us haven’t experienced in our lifetimes. At this time of unprecedented social and economic change, social enterprise networks in each State and Territory have united to build a common vision for a better future and form a new national voice for the social enterprise sector – the Alliance of Social Enterprise Networks Australia (ASENA).
Social enterprises have the capacity to address both social and economic change at the same time through the power of the market.
ASENA’s first action is to call for the creation of a National Social Enterprise Strategy, following the approach of enabling governments in the United Kingdom, Canada and many others. Today, ASENA publishes its submission to the Prime Minister’s Social Impact Investing Taskforce calling for a 10 year plan to create a thriving social enterprise community in Australia.. (click here for full release)[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]